Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Pageant

It is a tradition that started with my Grandma Bowers to have fried chicken and potato salad on Easter. It is a tradition that started with my mom to have fried chicken and potato salad at the Easter pageant, so I decided to see if I could get the family together for the pageant and have fried chicken and potato salad. It went over well. I invited my parents and siblings and their significant other if they had one and their children and my in-laws (Jared's family). We had a good turn out. There was about 20 of us there with plenty of food to go around. Thanks mom for helping me fry the chicken and get the potato salad done. Dad arrived at the temple at about 5:30 to save us all a seat on the lawn (seats fill up fast). Thanks Dad. The rest of us showed up around 7:30. The pageant was good as usual. I have seen it many times but this time it seemed different, and I probably came away with a lot more. I love this time of year, baseball season, spring, Easter and family. Thanks to all who took time out of their busy schedules to spend the evening with us.

2 comments:

DeAnne Baum said...

Lori,
I'm so glad that I found you on here. I just started this blogging thing. Your kids are all so cute. How is everything? I would love to keep in contact...my blog is thebaumclan.blogspot.com Hope to hear from you soon.

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

I am glad we made it! Late but glad we got there! haha it was good food and a lot of fun!!